1. Affirm the Eleven Articles of Faith;
2. Live a godly life as a witness in the community, by adhering to the Ministerial Code of Ethics in all aspects of my life and ministry, thus living a biblically moral lifestyles worthy of the Christian ministerial profession;
3. Recognize my responsibility as a good steward in the financial needs of The Evangelical Christian Church through regular giving (no %) during the year;.
4. Maintain my credentials by annually renewing as required by The Evangelical Christian Church`s December 1st deadline;
5. Attend the Regional or Annual General Conference held each year;
6. Make myself known as an Evangelical Christian Church minister, and encourage others to unity with The Evangelical Christian Church;
7. Notify Central Office of any significant changes to my ministry or in ministry;
8. Assist to complete the work needed by The Evangelical Christian Church by making the needs of The Evangelical Christian Church part of my agenda.
The Ministerial Covenant is a contractual agreement between the Evangelical Christian Church and each clergy. It is the moral and legal obligation of each minister to subscribe to the terms of agreement. It is built on an infrustructure created to hold each other accountable for actions that build and sustain credibility, loyalty, integrity, and commitment in the Evangelical Christian Church in Canada. We notify all ministers, and churches from all denominations to support this agreement which all Evangelical Christian Church ministers hold to because it is the responsibility of the church to reassure the communities at large of true biblical leadership in Canada.